With the situation the world is currently facing with Covid-19 we are currently coordinating most interviews via online video platforms in Cyprus and Malta. As some of us are new to this we wanted to put some hints and tips together to help you perform during an online video interview and secure your next career move!
- Be Ready with an Account – Ensure you have accounts set up with as many platforms as possible so when you are requested for an interview you have a profile to connect with your future employers platform of choice. The most common are Skype, Zoom, Viber, WhatsApp and Microsoft Teams.
- Check your connection – Carry out a test run prior with a friend to make sure at the time you have your online interview you have a strong signal with a clear picture and audio.
- Make sure you are in a quiet place. This will allow you and the interviewer to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Professional and Presentable Surroundings – Ensure you check what is in the cameras frame, try to create a home office with your computer/laptop/tablet on a desk at your eye level and there is nothing inappropriate in the frame.
- Remove all distractions. Make sure that you remove anything in the room that may cause distraction.
- It is still an interview so Dress Appropriately – First impressions still count, let your interviewer see that you are treating the call with professionalism and importance by dressing as you would to a face-face interview.
- Keep eye contact with the interviewer – It can be very easy to look at yourself while on the video call so make you are making good eye contact.
- Smile – This will make you feel calm and ease your nerves.
- Perfect hearing– If you have headphones or earbuds then connect them to your media and use them. This way you will be able to hear the interviewer clearly and enable you to give the best possible answers.
- Have questions prepared – These are to find out more about the job and the company/team, not how many days holiday or the salary on offer.
For any further information or clarification speak to your GRS Consultant or call Cyprus: +357 25342720 or Malta: +356 27780664
Good Luck !!!!!!!