Senior Compliance Advisor
Corporate Services, Financial Services
A leading Corporate Advisory firm is looking for a Senior Compliance Advisor to provide compliance risk & advisory advice to a portfolio of clients. You will report to the Head of Risk & Compliance within the Advisory function and lead and contribute to clients on risk assessments and strengthening their policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years` experience in an AML/CFT role, 1 years’ experience in a senior position and be suitably qualified. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and want to join a fantastic company, then we look forward to receiving your CV for this Malta based Senior Compliance Advisor role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and contribute to financial crime compliance advisory projects, which includes conducting of process audits, gap analysis, simulated on-site inspections, the drafting and/or review of policies and procedures, the drafting and/or review of staff manuals, assistance with the drawing up and implementation of remediation plans and providing ongoing technical and operational assistance to MLROs and Compliance Officers.
- Assist clients with the execution and update of AML/CFT risk assessments.
- Conduct internal and external reviews of the adequacy of policies and procedures and their implementation, and the drawing up of reports and remediation plans.
- Conduct and contribute to the coordination of regulatory examinations where necessary.
- Participate in both short and long-term projects to clients or conduct compliance-related duties at the offices of clients. Tasks undertaken could include sanctions screening, the review of suspicious transactions, ongoing transaction monitoring, file reviews, account reviews, file remediation and the carrying out of customer risk assessments.
- Lead AML/CFT projects and provide support to team members to ensure that all projects are executed in a timely manner.
- Coach, mentor, and guide other advisors.
- Deliver AML/CFT training workshops.
- Provide internal support to the companies forming part of the internal group of companies.
- A minimum of 3 years` experience in an AML/CFT role.
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in a senior position.
- A university degree or equivalent qualification in a related area.
- Previous experience working with a regulatory/supervisory body or advisory firm will be considered an asset.
- Sound working knowledge of the laws governing the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta, the FIAU Implementing Procedures, the relevant EU legislation, and the international standards.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word and be ready to learn company-specific software, if required.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent report writing skills
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR THIS JOB
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Michelle Cooper, email@example.com quoting the above job reference or call +356 2778 0664 for further information.
Send us Your CV