Investment Research Analyst
A leading Investment Management firm is looking for an Investment Research Analyst to join their Strategy & Research team in Malta. This team is responsible for conducting market research and fundamental analysis with the objective of formulating the investment strategy for an array of fixed income and multi-asset portfolios. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Investment Research and have experience in interpreting financial statements and conducting financial ratio analysis. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience, then we look forward to receiving your CV for this Malta based Investment Research Analyst role.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ongoing market monitoring and analysis of trends primarily relating to global financial markets, macro economics and the Maltese financial market.
- Conduct issuer-specific analysis using all relevant and material information available to investors, formulate an informed opinion and put forward recommendations on the relevant investment securities;
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets and financial models for the analysis of existing and potentially new company exposures;
- Produce company-specific reports and regular updates for internal use as well as for distribution to clients detailing the financial profile and relevant ratios, notable ongoing developments, investment recommendation and associated risks;
- Attend investor conference calls, stockbrokers’ meetings and interact with issuer management teams where possible;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of models and processes for the selection of (predominantly) fixed income instruments;
- Maintain spreadsheets containing security lists and model portfolios;
- Assist in team-wide objectives, routine tasks and initiatives as deemed necessary.
- Knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments is essential;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in investment research;
- Experience in interpreting financial statements and conducting financial ratio analysis of corporate issuers in selected markets;
- Experience in outlining in a succinct manner the business overview, financial profile, investment basis and risks pertaining to selected issuers in research reports for internal and external distribution;
- Strong work ethic, accuracy and attention to detail;
- Research and analytical capability – ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative information;
- Ability to assess critical information, demonstrate sound judgement skills and formulate an opinion in a timely manner;
- Excellent report writing skills and verbal communication;
- At minimum holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field;
- Preferably completed or in the process of completing supplementary education and training, such as CFA or Master’s Degree in a related area;
- Advanced command of MS Excel, data handling and charting;
- Experience in using Bloomberg terminal and APIs is considered an asset;
- Competence in preparing presentations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR THIS JOB
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Michelle Cooper, email@example.com quoting the above job reference or call +356 2778 0664 for further information.
Send us Your CV