Our client is in the Transport & Travel sector and has recently been awarded a large Contract to consolidate transport and travel services in Cyprus and are seeking to recruit a HR Manager. The organization will have between 800-900 employees and the HR Manager will be responsible for working with the HR Director to manage all human resource aspects of the organization in Cyprus. The HR Manager will be essential to the organization in order to ensure that the company has adequate and competent personnel so the Company can maintain its values and achieve its vision and strategic objectives.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively promote a culture within the organisation and externally where the company is a leading employer of choice.
- Develop strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues and establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Develop training and development plans depending on the company and department needs, and with the aim of offering career growth opportunities to our people, and coaching opportunities.
- Identify potential leaders within the organisation, to develop tomorrow’s leaders for the company and for the group.
- Lead the implementation of measures, policies, and initiatives aimed at motivating and empowering our people.
- Ensure all decisions taken are in line with current employment legislation.
- Manage industrial and union relations, aiming to have a constructive rapport with the union
- Lead negotiations with the unions to establish policies and agreements leading to the achievement of company objectives
- Manage employee relations and ensure effective communication with all personnel on all company matters.
- Provide teams with the skills to effectively manage disciplinary and grievance matters, providing advice and assistance on complex disciplinary, grievance, bully and harassment cases.
- Take a proactive approach in developing policies and procedures are updated to reflect changes in Employment Legislation.
- Ensure managers have a full understanding of policies, both in principle and in practice and ensure a consistent and legitimate approach is adopted.
- Promote a culture where people’s performance should be reviewed regularly in a constructive but clear manner
- Actively participate with other employment or HR related stakeholders.
- Support managers during pay negotiations relevant to market trends and conditions.
- Responsible for assessing talent and developing succession plans and ensuring implementation.
- Be an ambassador for equality and diversity
- Carry out regular employee surveys, exit interviews, and other research to understand more about our employees.
- Prepare budgets, business plans and resource plans for the HR department
- Lead, motivate and manage the HR management team, promoting effective internal communication
- University Degree in a relevant/related field
- CIPD Qualification would be an advantage
- Fluency in English and Greek
- Experience as an HR Officer/ HR Manager in an organisation with personnel 500+
- Ability to work independently and to own initiative
- Very organised with great attention to detail
- Experience in the transport or Logistics sectors would be of great benefit
- Working experience within an international organisation
- Any exposure to working with Trade Union is also an advantage
- Ability to work in Nicosia but the ability to travel within Cyprus frequently and internationally on an adhoc basis
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
SUBMIT YOUR CV FOR THIS JOB
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Steve Slocombe, at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the above job reference or call +357 25 342 720 for further information.
Send us Your CV