Location: Cyprus, Limassol
Date Posted: 14/09/2017
Technical Superintendent - Shipping - Limassol - Cyprus
GRS are currently working alongside a well-established, international shipping company who is seeking to recruit a Senior Technical Superintendent. If you have a strong experience in monitoring and control the operation of vessels and handling the provision of the required technical support and maintenance, then this is a great opportunity for you to work within a dynamic team of professionals in such a flourishing sector.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors the effective operation of the equipment and machineries of the assigned vessels, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies from operational standards, proposing and upon approval implementing solutions that will enhance the safety, efficiency and performance of the vessels.
- Co-ordinates and attends, whenever required, maintenance activities, including dry-docking, of the assigned vessels and monitors that quality repair work is carried out according to plan and approved budget, providing support and guidance for the handling of equipment breakdown and malfunctioning, in order to support the on-time and cost effective repair of the vessel.
- Supports the development of the OPEX budget of the assigned vessels, including spare parts and technical training, and follows-up its accurate execution, monitoring the development of the actual operational costs throughout the year, and proposes adjustments and corrective actions, that will reduce the cost and improve the effectiveness of services.
- Performs scheduled and ad-hoc visits to the assigned vessels, in order to monitor their performance and verify the overall compliance of the vessel with company’s processes, procedures and standards. Implements all corrective actions, as derived from the inspections, so as to support the operational efficiency and quality of company’s provided services.
- Reviews, investigates and reports the technical breakdown and personnel accidents in areas under charge, and researches for preventive measures in order to avoid repetition. Follows all relevant safety, quality and environmental procedures’ control as per company’s LPSQ policy and instructions so that safety level of seafarers is enhanced.
- Holder of a BSc degree in Mechanical, Marine Engineering or similar field
- Holder of Chief Engineer’s qualification
- Fluency in English language at a professional level
- 3 years sailing experience as Chief Engineer
- At least 3 years of shore experience as a technical superintendent
- Tanker Experience is a must
- Experience on VLCCs will be considered as an advantage
- Excellent project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of the local and regional market of technical subcontractors
- Team work and cooperation
- Flexibility in travelling abroad
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Submit your cv for this job
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to Nikoletta Constantinou at the following email address email@example.com or contact me by phone +357 22 769 369 quoting the above reference number.
Send your CV