Forex (FX), IT
Location: Cyprus, Limassol
Date Posted: 17/05/2018
Systems Administrator - Forex/ IT - Limassol - Cyprus
Our Client an international Forex Broker is seeking a knowledgeable and confident Systems Administrator to support and assist the Head of Technology along with the IT Department. Our client has been established in the Forex industry for over 5 years and is continuing to grow in its sector. The successful candidate will have a background working with a Compliance department and have a clear understanding of the CySEC Regulation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures, including documentation.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Provide Tier II support per request as escalated issues land on your plate. Investigate and troubleshoot issues, and educate Tier I support – Knowledge-sharing is key.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted departments.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, upgrade administrative tools and utilities, and configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Map business requirements to technical solutions.
- On-Call rotation schedule.
- Excellent working knowledge of Active Directory, Server 2012/2016 (GPO, DFS, DHCP, DNS, Terminal, etc) .
- Experience of Internet Information Services (IIS 6.0, 7.5, 8.0).
- Extensive experience supporting Windows 7/10, Office 365.
- Strong knowledge in desktop/server applications and environments.
- Understanding and interest in cloud technologies.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to document processes and procedures where necessary.
- Fluency in English language.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Submit your cv for this job
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to Hayley Buckle at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me by phone +357 25 342 720 quoting the above reference number.
Send your CV