Location: Cyprus, Larnaca
Date Posted: 01/05/2018
Software Developer - Forex - Larnaca - Cyprus
On behalf of our client, an award winning Forex and commodities broker providing trading services and facilities to both retail and institutional clients, we are seeking a Software Developer to join their rapidly expanding Larnaca operation. The successful candidate will have 1 to 2 years’ experience in all aspects of web programming. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience then this Software Developer position would be a great career move in joining an exciting and engaging work environment where you will be given the tools and guidance to reach your full potential.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop information systems by designing, developing and installing software solutions.
- Provide full analysis and documentation according to the software development life cycle.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Assist in crisis situations through strong collaboration with the whole I.T. function.
- Provide technical support to clients via customer support department relating to company’s web applications.
- Maintain the content of the company database as part of day to day operations.
- Manage internal tickets as requested by senior and lead members of the development team.
- Conduct a testing and implementation plan for all new software in line with company policies and procedures.
- Conduct an evaluation of new software products and their functionality.
- Provide functional and technical specifications for software.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise during the day to day operation of the business.
- Carry out any further duties assigned by their line manager.
- Contributes to a positive and dynamic working environment.
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in all aspects of web programming with a particular emphasis on Linux, Tornado, MySQL, PHP and Python development.
- Experience in FX, gaming or similar.
- 1 to 2 years RDBMS DBA experience as well as in MySQL supporting live and development environments, including MVC, OOP and PDO programming experience.
- C++ and good Knowledge of OOP will be considered an advantage.
- Fluency in English, any additional language would be considered an advantage.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in working with very senior and hands-on technical experts.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Submit your cv for this job
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to Ross Pitman at the following email address email@example.com or contact me by phone +357 25 342 720 quoting the above reference number.
Send your CV