Location: Cyprus, Nicosia
Date Posted: 04/12/2018
Legal Assistant (Litigation) - Legal/Administration – Nicosia - Cyprus
On behalf of our Client, one of the most reputable and prestigious full-service commercial law firms in Cyprus, with offices in Nicosia and Limassol, GRS are seeking a highly experienced Litigation Assistant to join their Nicosia office. The successful candidate will have at least 3 years working experience specifically in the area of Litigation within Cyprus based law firms, and possess exceptional communication, collaboration and administrative skills.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal cases, including filing, mediation or settlement
- Manage lawyers and advocates’ dockets, calendars and court appearances
- Maintain contact with clients and update on their case requirements, status and progression
- Keep cases organised, monitor status and progression, meet deadlines, document actions, input information into file database and communicate case status with lawyers and clients.
- Work with court administrators and judges if need be, as well as with the law firm clients and staff.
- Manage heavy volumes of drafting/revising litigation legal documents, filing documents with the courts, preparation of relevant judicial documents including writ of summons, applications for judgment, bankruptcy, modifications, substituted service, follow-up the service of documents, the drafting of judgment, updating clients on their cases, invoicing, credit control and relevant tasks.
- At-least 3 years of admin/secretarial experience in Litigation, within Cyprus law firms
- Very strong organisational and time management skills
- Proficient Computer Skills including Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Excellent Communication Skills, written & spoken, in English and Greek
- Ability to apply critical and analytical thinking to solve and remedy issues as they arise
- Should be detail oriented with the ability to prioritise, stay on task, and multi-task.
- Confident, resourceful and can take initiative
- Ability to tackle challenges, handle pressure & maintain a positive attitude
- Presentable, professional and responsible
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Submit your cv for this job
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to Nasreen Kawash at the following email address email@example.com or contact me by phone +357 22 769 369 quoting the above reference number.
Send your CV