Accounting - Non Qualified, Accounting - Qualified, Executive
Location: Cyprus, Nicosia
Date Posted: 07/08/2017
Head of Finance - Nicosia - Cyprus
GRS are currently working alongside a leading global Investment Bank, who is actively seeking a Head of Finance to be responsible for their office in Nicosia. Reporting directly to the CEO of Cyprus, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of financial management of the Cyprus entities, including regulatory reporting to CySEC, financial reporting and development of internal control policies and procedures. The position of Head of Finance will ideally suit a professional and experienced candidate with a wealth of experience.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading and developing the finance function in Cyprus, overseeing all aspects of financial management.
- Supervising activities of the Cyprus Finance department such as preparation of monthly management accounts, tax returns, regulatory reporting to CySEC and CBC, preparation of financial statements, liaising with internal and external auditors, and daily monitoring of Capital Adequacy.
- Liaising with Group Finance function as well as other Group and local functions to ensure accuracy of the Cyprus entities financial and regulatory reporting, understanding business operations.
- Interaction with the Group CFO on the Cyprus entities financial, regulatory, tax, business matters.
- Reporting to the Board of Directors on financial performance and financial position of the Cyprus entities, as well as compliance with the capital requirements.
- Responsible for all aspects of financial management of the Cyprus entities, including financial performance monitoring, corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, tax management and compliance, budget and forecast preparation.
- Development of internal control policies and procedures.
- Active participation in the assessment of possible risks associated with the activities of the Cyprus regulated entities.
- Executing ad hoc projects as required by local and Group management.
- Liaising and negotiating the terms with service and banking providers, including life and health insurance cover provided under the relevant HR policies.
- Preparing the monthly payroll and payments approval.
- Internal compliance audit performance and reviews
- Assessment and evaluation of internal controls and procedures in specialized industries
- Consolidated financial statements under IFRS, corporate and personal taxation
- 7+ years post graduate experience in Financial Services with strong math’s / economics knowledge
- Recognized accountancy qualification
- Strong knowledge of CySec rules and reporting
- Experience working in big 4 audit firm or finance team of major banking organisation would be highly advantageous
- Excellent command of English
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Submit your cv for this job
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to Caroline Rafferty at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me by phone +357 22769369 quoting the above reference number.
Send your CV