Location: Cyprus, Nicosia
Date Posted: 14/06/2018
Group Internal Head of Legal - Legal - Nicosia - Cyprus
Our international client based in Nicosia is seeking an experienced Group Internal Legal Advisor to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for a professional and experienced Lawyer, with at least 7+ years’ experience, to join an established Group of companies. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible to advice and support the Group on all legal advice including Corporate, Commercial and Employment related cases.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate, provide, advise and / or review all contracts agreements between the company and third parties to ensure that the company’s interest is protected and the best commercial position is maintained.
- Providing legal advice and guidance to the Group
- Assisting HR department on revising and drafting employment contracts and on other HR related matters to ensure conformity to EU Employment Laws
- Provide internal legal advice related to Joint Venture, mergers and acquisitions, registration of new companies etc.
- Liaise with local and overseas lawyers on legal matters for both local and international subsidiaries of the group and issue statements and documents to ensure compliance with local corporate and commercial laws
- Oversee company tenders and review all related commercial contracts
- Participate/Represent the company in legal proceedings with external bodies including the Cyprus Tender Review Authority
- Maintains custody of legal documents
- Act as the Company Secretary to the Group’s Cyprus legal entities
- Direct, control, prepare, respond and lead the legal action and legal proceedings
- Provide legal advice to the Group’s management on all legal issues
- University Degree in Law
- MBA in commercial and or International law will be considered advantageous.
- Minimum of at least 7 years post-qualification experience
- Experience of preparation of business contracts. Offering legal opinions in Corporate, Commercial and Employment related cases
- Excellent representational skills
- Leadership & Dynamic Personality
- Fluency in both Greek and English
- Willingness to travel abroad as and when necessary
Submit your cv for this job
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to Nasreen Kawash at the following email address email@example.com or contact me by phone +357 22 769 369 quoting the above reference number.
Send your CV