Accounting - Non Qualified, Accounting - Qualified
Location: Cyprus, Nicosia
Date Posted: 19/06/2017
General Manager / Chief Financial Officer - Telecom - Nicosia - Cyprus
On behalf of our client, a leading and innovative internet based telecommunications provider in Nicosia, we are currently seeking to recruit a Senior General Manager / Chief Financial Officer. Your main responsibility will be to take the lead in all company financial decisions, provide feedback and constructive updates to senior management and manage the day to day operations including those of other departments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance & Accounting
- Drive the implementation of the financial strategy of the Company.
- Responsible for financial planning, investments and risk management.
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures.
- Prepare management accounts on a quarterly basis.
- Review & analyse quarterly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Manage all tax documentation, both local and internationally, as required.
- Coordinate the consolidation of Company Accounts.
- Ensure all bookkeeping is completed timely and accurately for all Companies.
- Manage all aspects of credit control.
- Manage cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds.
- Liaise with the Company Accountants to ensure all audits, legal requirements, VAT returns and employee filings are completed.
- Liaise with banks and credit card processing companies as required.
- Manage financial software to ensure updates are made and utilisation fully supports business needs.
Cost Controlling & Procurement
- Review Company expenses and report accordingly.
- Cost control expenses including travel and other sales expenses, and report per region.
- Legal Assist with general legal matters, able to provide valuable input when liaising with international advisors.
- Manage minor legal cases, in cooperation with the Company legal counsel, both locally and internationally, oversee through to resolution.
- Support potential acquisition projects as identified by the CEO.
- Perform due diligence
- Provide financial capability & expertise to the Sales function supporting the Sales Manager with target planning, recommending areas for change or improvement.
- Manage and control ERP system from a finance aspect to understand functionality, support maximum utilisation, query and analyse data and drive improvements.
- Manage the Finance, HR and Office Administration - Provide effective management of all work streams and people resources including recruitment, performance management, training, annual appraisals & regular 1:1 meetings, input into salary decisions and annual bonus payments.
- Provide general office management to ensure day to day operations are running effectively.
- Source quotes from suppliers and negotiate pricing where possible.
- Oversee general operations in absence of CEO.
- Proven experience in financial leadership roles.
- Senior managerial experience working internationally within fast paced changeable environment.
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience of people leadership and team management
- Experience of acquisitions and due diligence processes.
- Knowledge of and an affinity for IT, knowledge and experience of telecoms industry considered a strong advantage.
- Experience developing and implementing business plans and Company policies.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills - Excellent communicator, a skilled negotiator & project manager capable of thinking & working strategically.
- Ability to demonstrate calm when under pressure.
- Adaptable and flexible approach.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Submit your cv for this job
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to Caroline Rafferty at the following email address email@example.com or contact me by phone +357 22 769 369 quoting the above reference number.
Send your CV