Accounting - Qualified
Location: Cyprus, Nicosia
Date Posted: 16/02/2017
Financial Controller - Retail - Nicosia - Cyprus
GRS are working closely with a well-known Home Improvement Company who are looking for an experienced Financial Controller. With store locations all around the world, this is a great opportunity for a Financial Controller to join a growing company.
- Preparing and controlling store budget, financial reports, Profit & Loss, CAPEX, cost reports and financial forecasts on monthly and yearly basis
- Ensure all finance records are kept accurately and securely by the accounting team
- Training non-financial staff and managers to understand and interpret their financial results
- Liaising with external auditors, local government entities, banks, clients and suppliers
- Design the goals and store budget and contributes to the continuous improvement of the store
- Responsible along with the management team, the consistency of the accounting operations
- Knows the internal procedures and ensures that they are implemented
- Takes actions against unknown loss (thefts etc.)
- Participates actively in alerting the associates on good resource management practices and transmits the concept of saving.
- Configures, analyses, transmits, and explains the financial figures to the management team (eg turnover, profit and stock).
- Manages the stock of the store checking the unknown Loss and quality of the stock.
- Monitors the marking of prices in the store, finds possible deviations and ensure their depressing
- Is responsible for the overall condition of the store, in the following areas: cleanliness, safety, labeling.
- Knows and understands the Merchandising policy of the Company
- Knows the principles of the company's personnel selection and makes accurate choices of associates.
- Creates the teams and allocates people to the various services
- Knows and applies the safety rules every day and ensure adherence to them by their colleagues
- Participates as a member of the management team, processing strategies and store decisions regarding the proper financial management, trade and human resources.
- Assumes the rotating role of "shop service officer" with the related responsibilities (eg opening, store closures, security, store operation, management problems)
- Is responsible for the annual stock take of the store
- Responsible for the quality of the stock (avoid shortages, minimizing bad stock)
- Fluent English and Greek
- Proven experience in the financial environment
- Proficient user of accounting software
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Professional qualification such as ACCA or similar will be an advantage
Submit your cv for this job
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to George Kimonos at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me by phone +357 25 342 720 quoting the above reference number.
Send your CV