Location: Cyprus, Limassol
Date Posted: 16/02/2017
Customs Clearance Officer - Shipping - Limassol - Cyprus
GRS are working with one of largest shipping agencies who are looking for a Customs Clearance Officer. With offices worldwide, the company offers a wide range of shipping and logistics services. This is a great opportunity for a Customs Clearance Officer to join the Limassol office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To liaise with government authorities and to prepare all documents as required for the prompt and efficient clearance of imported and exported cargo
- To follow Company policies and procedures.
- To prepare and process import and export documentation according to customs regulations and laws and keep proper records.
- To classify goods according to applicable tariff coding system.
- To calculate, quote and pay, or arrange for payment, of taxes, tariffs and duties on shipments.
- To know, remain up to date and follow any changes in import and export laws and regulations.
- To advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, ways to reduce duties or taxes, or other customs related matters.
- To advise customers on best methods of packaging or labeling products.
- To clear goods through customs to their final destination promptly and efficiently.
- To monitor or trace the location of goods.
- To liaise with the Company’s associated shipping and logistics departments in order to coordinate all logistics activities including clearance, transportation, warehousing and delivery of imported or exported products.
- To apply to the authorities for tariff concessions, duty drawbacks or other refunds.
- To liaise with customs and port authorities to fulfil special operational requirements and resolve operational difficulties arising in job execution
- To assist customers with appeals for duty charges by liaising with the authorities and/or preparing necessary paperwork.
- To provide customers with professional and efficient service.
- To assist and process any claims for cargo damage with customs authorities.
- To prepare Intrastat reports on behalf of customers.
- To report on a monthly basis to Company top management on performance.
- To remain up to date with market and competition developments.
- To promote the Company and to act for the Company’s best interest.
- To maintain good relations with associates, freight forwarders, agents and principals.
- To do all activities and tasks required by the Company in a professional and proficient manner.
- Bachelors’ university degree.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Applications and Power Point
- Excellent written and verbal Greek and English
- Very good communication skills and confident in leading group conversations.
Submit your cv for this job
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to George Kimonos at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me by phone +357 25 342 720 quoting the above reference number.
Send your CV