Location: Cyprus, Limassol
Date Posted: 12/01/2018
Compliance Officer - Forex - Limassol - Cyprus
GRS on behalf of our Limassol based client a group of companies that are involved in development and implementation of new effective projects in the field of Forex and financial technologies for more than 10 years, we are recruiting for a Compliance Officer to join their ever-growing team. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 6 months experience in a similar position and hold the Advanced CySEC certification. If you are looking to join a team where you will be a valued employee, and have the relevant skills and experience then we look forward to receiving your application.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing the corporate compliance programme and functioning as an independent and objective body that evaluates any compliance issues that may arise.
- Ensuring that the Board of Directors, management and employees conduct themselves on a daily basis in compliance with applicable rules and regulations and act according to internal policies and procedures such as the Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics.
- Acting as a channel of communication for clients, regulatory authorities and partners and other third parties.
- Remaining informed about current and forthcoming legislation issued mainly by regulatory authorities and agencies emphasising on legislation issued by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission the Cypriot Ministry of Finance and the Unit for Combating Money Laundering.
- Ensuring that any regulatory deadlines, such as the monthly, quarterly and annual submissions to CySEC, are met.
- Implementing a training and competence programme focusing on compliance related principles.
- Monitoring any suspicious activities, investigating and reporting them accordingly.
- Communicating with the CySEC and any other relevant third party including, but not limited to, external legal counsel and external auditors.
- Being involved in any ad-hoc projects that touch upon compliance, research the possible implications and advise the business accordingly.
- Assuming any additional duties, as often as required, to fulfil business needs.
- University degree in Economics, Finance, Law or other related field.
- Holder of the CySEC Advanced certification.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar position preferably in a bank or Financial Services industry.
- Experience in AML processes.
- Knowledge of the Forex market and the risks involved for clients will be considered as an advantage.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Submit your cv for this job
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to Ross Pitman at the following email address email@example.com or contact me by phone +357 25 342720 quoting the above reference number.
Send your CV