Remember, your CV is your sales tool and your chance to make the right impression:
– Ideally a CV should be no more than two pages long.
– Make sure it is well presented and easy to read – use bullet points where possible.
– Include your address and telephone number.
– Check for spelling or grammatical errors before you submit your application.
– Ensure the information is current and up to date.
– Present your employment history in reverse chronological order – with your current employment first.
– Employment dates should be clear and give month and year. Any gaps should be explained.
– Make sure your CV is relevant to the role you are applying for.
– Highlight your key achievements in each role.
– Use clear language which is easily understood – avoid jargon.
– Always send a covering letter with the CV, highlighting your relevance to the role